For Windows 7 users, it is convenient for them to share pictures, music, video, documents, and printers with other people in the Homegroup once they enable the Homegroup features in Windows. However, it is usually for them to ask "I forgot my HomeGroup password in Windows 7. Now I want to share files and folders on other laptops, but I can't." or “I forgot my Windows 7 Homegroup password, how can I get back?” As it is known to these users, without Windows 7 Homegroup password they can`t enjoy the public feature. Here we will talk about how to get back the forgotten Windows 7 Homegroup password free.
Make sure your Windows 7 is turning on and working which you used it to created your HomeGroup password.
Get back the Forgotten Windows7 HomeGroup password by Viewing in Windows7
1.Open up Windows Explorer, on the left-behind navigation pane, find the HomeGroup option and click View the HomeGroup password.
2.You need to write down the password, or click on Print this page to print the password. Close this window when it's done.
Get back the Forgotten Windows7 HomeGroup password by Copying in Windows7
1. Select Start button and open the Control Panel, then click on the HomeGroup icon, you can also tap on the Network and Sharing Center icon.
2. Tap on the Choose homegroup and sharing options link.
3. Click on the View or print homegroup password link.
4. Copy Windows 7 HomeGroup password, or click on Print this page to print the password. Close this window when it's done
5. If you receive an error message when you try to print the HomeGroup password, Select the password, right-click it, and then click Copy.
Get back the Forgotten Windows7 HomeGroup password by Changing in Windows7
If you want to change Windows7 homegroup password , you need to turn on all of the PCs are already in the homegroup are turned on. What`s more, step 1 and 2 are necessary to do in all of the PCs.
1. Tap Start button and open the Control Panel, then click on the HomeGroup icon, you can also click on the Network and Sharing Center icon.
2. Click "Choose homegroup and sharing options" link.
3.Click on the Change the password link in only one of the computers.
4. Type in your own password. Click on Next when it's done.
5. Write down the new password and storage it in a safe place.
After you get back the HomeGroup password in Windows 7, you can continue to share in HomeGroup. Similar to the HomeGroup password, if you forgot or lost Windows 7 login password, turn to Windows Password Recovery Software for help, which can recover and reset the forgotten Windows password within several minutes.
Download the Best Free Password Manager for Windows for to recover or reset Windows 7 password.