I bought a laptop 3years ago with Windows 7 operate system. For its easy-to-carry, I can take it home and carry on my work at home. In order to keep everything secure, I set an administrator password. However, a few days ago, I set a new password because I had told the former password to my friend who borrowed my laptop for emergency. The new password is strong and not difficult to remember. My friend told me that I could format and then reinstall the system. I know it works certainly but my files will disappear surely.
Have you ever forgotten your Windows log-on password? It's a dreadful feeling, isn't it? It happens to the best of us, but if you plan ahead, you won't ever have to worry about it again. Here are some ways for you.
Solution1. Access Password Locked Computer with Windows 7 via System Repair Disc
If you would rather not turn to third party software to hack password, system repair disc will be your best choice. If you don't have a Windows 7 system repair disc, you have to create one from other PC which is available. Or you can move to next part and use tool to unlock Windows password with professional software.
1. Put the disc into your locked computer and restart it.
2. Press any key to boot from the disc when Press any key to boot from CD or DVD appears.
3. Choose the Use recovery tool that can help fix problems starting Windows and click Next.
4. On the next page, click Command Prompt. Type commands below one by one.
ren sethc.ext sethc.exe.bak
copy cmd.exe sethc.exe
5. Close the Command Prompt and quit disc and reboot your PC.
6. Once computer starts, hit the Shift key 5 time and it will open the Command Prompt. Now you can reset password here.
7. Type the new username and password with combination you want and click Enter. Then close the window and you should be able to log into PC without password restriction.
Sulution2 Recover Windows Password with Windows Password Genius Professional/Standard
Step 1: Download and install Windows Password Genius Professional on an accessible computer.
Step 2: Create Windows password recovery disk.
There are two ways provided to create windows password recovery disk, USB device and CD/DVD.
1. Choose USB device or CD/DVD. You have to prepare bootable USB drive or CD/DVD ROM and insert it into available computer.
2. Select inserted USB drive or CD/DVD from drop-down list, and click Begin burning button.
Remember to exit USB or CD/DVD ROM from available computer after password reset disk burning successfully.
Step 3: Set locked Windows computer to boot from USB device or CD/DVD.
After password reset disk burning, plug USB drive or CD/DVD into locked computer. And set locked computer boot from USB or CD/DVD drive.
Now, there are two methods for you to set computer boot from USB.
· Method 1: Set computer Boot from USB device by Boot Option Menu.
· Method 2: Set USB drive as first Boot device Priority in BIOS.
If you are a computer novice I suggest you choose method 1, because when you enter Boot Option Menu with method 1, you can quickly find out USB and choose USB it as boot drive.
Or if Windows password reset disk has been burned with CD/DVD ROM, now you have to set your computer boot from CD/DVD ROM.
1. Set computer Boot from CD/DVD on Phoenix Award BIOS
2. Set computer Boot from CD/DVD on AMI BIOS
Step 4: Start Windows password recovery.
After computer boots from USB device or CD/DVD, the following window pops up. Select the locked computer Windows system and user. Then click Reset Password to remove its password or reset it as "iSunshare@2012". Instantly the password would be blank or new password. And you can login Windows now without password or new one. However, if you need another administrator to login Windows computer, click Add User to create new administrator for computer. Type user name and password for user and click OK.
Step 5: Reboot Windows computer.
Click Reboot button to restart locked computer after Windows password recovery. And remember to eject password reset disk before computer really restarts. When you are going to enter Windows operational system on Windows login screen, it would be not necessary to type password if you login Windows with user you have remove its password. Now Windows Password Genius Professional has helped to recover Windows password successfully.