Exporting all of a user’s passwords so that they can be imported into a much better password manager than the one that Chrome currently sports is secretly easy. All one has to do in order to do so is follow these simple steps.
1. Open Chrome, and type chrome://flags into the URL bar. This will open a special window full of hidden options.
2. A user should then proceed to search for Password import and export. Pressing Ctrl+F and then typing ‘export’ into the search box that pops up should do the trick.
3. Users should click ‘Enabled’ on the ‘Password Import And Export’ and relaunch their browser.
4. Next users should input chrome://settings/passwords and click enter. Alternatively, they could go to Menu, then Settings, then Advanced Settings, then Manage Passwords. This will open a window where there’s a button that allows the user to export their passwords.
5. Clicking that button exports a user’s passwords as a plain text CSV file, which is pretty easy to import to any other password manager that the user may wish to switch to, such as Cyclonis Password Manager.